Your Frequently Asked Questions
Planning a wedding is usually a one time thing and can be a little daunting.
When it comes to planning your big day, our wedding team are there to help you every step of the way. As wedding venue experts, our team have put together all the question you could think of to ask your wedding venue and maybe some you haven’t thought of. Our aim is to make your wedding experience at Harvey’s Point as relaxed as possible. If you have questions that haven’t been answered below then please get in touch and our team will be happy to answer them for you.
1. Is our date available?
You can check availability of dates in our calendar HERE
2. Do you hold more than one wedding per day?
Our policy is to host one wedding a day so you can be assured that you and your guests are our number one priority.
3. How many guests can you accommodate for a sit down meal?
Our stunning Ballroom Suite, which overlooks the lake can seat up to 300 guests for a sit down meal.
4. Do you have a minimum guest policy?
We require a minimum number of 120 people for week day weddings and 150 guests for weekend dates. If you have a smaller number please talk to our wedding team who will be happy to offer assistance.
5. Do you have a minimum spend policy?
No. Our packages are designed to be clear and concise so that all charges are clear with no hidden costs.
6. Is your venue available to book for exclusive use?
Our hotel is open throughout the year and is not available to book for exclusive use. However, our Wedding Suites boasts its own private entrance with spacious lobby and has our Garden Suite for ceremonies or reception drinks and our Ballroom Suite for your Wedding banquet. This set up gives you the feeling of complete privacy for you and your guests.
7. Can we bring our own wine to the hotel?
We have an extensive wine list to choose from and our team are very happy to help you make the right choices for you and your guests. We do not allow alcohol to be brought onto the premises.
8. Can we block book rooms for wedding guests?
Yes. We are happy to block book 15 suites at a reduced rate for the night of your wedding along with 12 cabin rooms in our onsite Lodge.
9. Do you have a Honeymoon suite?
Yes, we have a stunning Honeymoon suite that we are delighted to offer complimentary for the night of your wedding.
10. Do you have a minimum room booking requirement?
No, you are not required to book any overnight stays
11. Are there facilities to get ready for the wedding within the hotel?
Yes, speak to our wedding team and they will happily arrange whatever you need.
12. Is there ample car parking at the hotel for guests?
13. Is there a Church nearby?
Yes. There are 3 within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.
14. Can we have our ceremony at the Hotel?
Yes, of course. Our experienced wedding team are happy to guide you through this process.
15. What ceremony options do you have?
Our Garden Suite is a beautiful room for a ceremony and if you would like to get married outside then we have our stunning pier overlooking the lake.
16. What do we need to do to have our ceremony at Harvey’s Point?
To have your ceremony here all you have to do is book your celebrant and let us know the time. If it is civil ceremony we have a little paperwork to fill out for you but we can take care of all that.
17. What do Harvey’s Point need to do in order for a couple to have their civil ceremony wedding?
We just have a little paperwork to complete and send back to the registrar.
18. Is there a hire charge for the ceremony? What does it include?
We would have a room hire fee of €750 to host a ceremony onsite. With this you receive a private room for your ceremony with PA system included.
19. Where do you host the drinks reception?
Our Garden Suite offers the perfect atmosphere for you and your guests to enjoy a private drinks reception.
20. What are the refreshment options?
For your guests we offer a selection of Prosecco, bottled beer, tea, coffee and homemade cookies.
21. Do you offer menu tasting, when would this be held?
Yes, we offer Menu tasting for the couple in advance of the wedding.
22. How much wine do you recommend per person?
We recommend that you allow for half a bottle per guest. We only charge for whatever wine is used.
23. What time will we be called for dinner?
We agree a suitable time with the couple in advance. On average we call the guests to dinner from 5pm
24. How long will service take?
This depends on numbers but on average will take 2.5hours
25. Can you cater for dietary requirements?
Yes, we are more than happy to cater for any dietary requirements when notified in advance
26. Is there a separate menu for children?
Yes, we can offer a special menu for kids attending the wedding
27. Do you provide a Toastmaster?
28. Is any decor/stationery provided (menus, centrepieces, red carpet, flowers, and cake stand)? Are there alternatives available?
Red carpet on arrival, champagne reception for the Bridal Party, top table flowers and choice of centrepieces for your table, cake stand and knife are also here. We also provide personalised Menus, table numbers and table plan.
29. What time does the DJ/Band finish?
Music finishes at 2am
30. What time is the bar open until?
The bar closes at 1.30am. It then reopens for residents from 2am to 3am
31. Is there an option for a late bar? Is there a charge?
There is no option for the bar to open past 3am
32. What time do guests have to leave the venue?
Non residents must leave by 3.30am
33. Do you have a list of recommended wedding suppliers?
Yes. Please ask your Wedding Coordinator
34. Is there somewhere secure to store wedding gifts and cards?
Yes, we provide a post box for guests to leave cards. These are then brought to the safe in the honeymoon suite. Gifts are brought to the honeymoon suite also.
35. When do we need to pay a deposit? Is it refundable or transferable?
You can provisionally hold a date for two weeks then your deposit to secure your date is €2000 and is non-refundable
36. Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes, we are happy to work with our couples providing that 50% of the balance is paid 6 months from the wedding date.
37. Do you offer discount on midweek weddings?
Yes, our package prices vary according to a day/date.